Sunday, May 25, 2008

How to reduce hip size

Q. I have been working out for about 2 years and have few problems and I hope that you can help me with that.

As you suggest in most of your articles I stick to basics and lift heavy. I have tries a lot of exercises to reduce the hip size but nothing works.

My trainer tells me that the problem is because of my heavy squats. But it is one of my favorite exercises and I love squatting.

What do you think?

A. There is no exercise that specifically targets the subcutaneous fat.

Exercises build muscle and it does not reduce it. If you cut down exercises, it will cause muscle tissue loss and make the muscle shrink.

To reduce your hips you must first cut down the exercises that place your hips under stress. So you might have to cut down squats and deadlifts that throw excess stress on your hips. Instead try squatting on smith machine rather than free weight squats. As smith machine eliminates the excess stress on your hips it will suit you better. Hack squats, Sissy squats are very good alternatives to Squats.

Also, reduce your carbohydrate consumption to get rid of fats to make your hips appear tapered.

PS: For this reason Mr.Olympia contestant Dexter Jackson does not squat free weights and uses hack squats and smith machine squats instead.

4 comments:

Google Search

Google