Sunday, June 21, 2009

Spoke to the Legend Larry Scott

Knowledge is power and each individual has some thing special in terms of knowledge which he /she acquires through books, media or experience. One such Epitome of Knowledge is the Legend "Larry Scott".

I usually find it interesting and useful to gather lot of knowledge through social networking site where we get to know many people. I usually try to get information from everyone about bodybuilding and fitness, and take which ever suits me and leave the rest. While doing this process i happened to meet the First ever Mr. Olympia "Larry Scott"(Joe Wider in fact Started this contest for Larry to prevent this legend from retiring from bodybuilding and gave rise to professional bodybuilding)

I started communicating with the legend Larry in text. And i found that he was a down to earth person willing to help each and every person interested in the field of fitness. He conducts personal trainer certifications at a very cheap rates compared to all the other organizations conducting it.

Though i gain size considerably i am a Lacto-ovo-veggie and can not cook meat at home. I thought that i could ask about it to the legend himself. And sent him a text message over the social networking site. And to my surprise was his reply "Feel free to call me" and he gave me a phone number.

The very next night(day time for the legend Larry) I called up the phone number. His personal assistant spoke to me and told me that Larry would give me a call and that i can talk to him.

After an hour i had the opportunity to speak to the legend. Man-o-man i was delighted and wonder struck to hear his voice. I got goose flesh and words were not coming out of my mouth for a moment. Larry understood it and he initiated the conversation. Saying about the full conversation without his permission would not be the best thing to do. But still he gave a great solution for all the veggies out there..I write this here cos the legend talks about this every where "The Power of Whole Milk"

Whole milk is the best food for bulking and that sipping whole milk releases IGF1 and IGF2 extensively.IGF1 & IGF2 are few of the most important hormones to add lean muscle. So that's the happy news for all the vegans out there :)

One thing that i understood and learned from the legend other than my fitness goals was that a man does not reach great heights without humbleness and that a real hero never changes in character and stays humble for life. Hats off to the legend who was the sole reason for creating professional bodybuilding.

Mr Olympia Larry Scott has his own website where he explains about fitness, bodybuilding and helps millions of people out there waiting to get helped. Do visit his website http://www.larryscott.com/ and make the best out of it.

Larry Scott recommended supplements - http://www.larryscott.com/bio/products/supplements/index.cfm

13 comments:

  1. I want to take just a minute to say thank you for your phone call, it was a pleasure to have the oppertunity to speak with you as well. I love fitness and I love to share the information that I have gathered. I find it a great honor to speak with people who also share a passion for this sport and to share a restored knowledge of health and wellness. I look forward to our future conversations. Take care, train hard.
    Your Friend,
    Larry Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ The Legend Larry,

    Its like dream come true to having spoken to you sir. Will make you proud for sharing your knowledge sir.

    Thanks a million,
    Murali

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi BigLee, Can i take both Whey Protein and Creatine at a time ... If yes, pls tell me the timings when should i take these supplements for better result.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gavaskar,

    Oh yes you can take both of them together.

    Post workout is the ideal time for creatine along with whey. However you can take whey multiple times throughout the day.

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Lee....

    It's inded fantastic to even feel that I am posting on the same page where King Larry had posted.

    And for his compliments showered on you, I am really very happy as you've been really doing a very good job - sharing knowledge, shattering myths, divulge new information and what not?

    Great goin, bro..... :-}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude.....
    2 months back, I bought American Pure Whey. It had 78% protein. A 5 pound pack cost me 3k. It has 69 servings.

    But I was actually fascinated by All the Whey which you had vouched for some time back through one of your posts. And I remember u tellng it costs 2800 bucks. I am finding it tough to spot it. This has 80 servings and a higher protein percentage.

    Definitely more bang for buck compared to American Pure Whey. My 5 pound American whey is gonna get empty. So, my next target is All the Whey or some other imported protein supplement which has similar protein composition as that of All the Whey if not better.

    It'll be wonderful if u can help me {and couple of my friends} in search of it. Can u give me some contact details where I can get a etter and cheaper whey than American Pure Whey?

    Thanks in advance, buddy.... :-}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi bro you should have bought the whey concentrate and whey isolate is a bit better than all the whey actually speaking bro.

    The problem with all the whey is that they wanted to get an initial market and gave it for slashed down rates. Now that they have got a market they have raised their prices 40% which is like the dealer would get it for 4000 bucks and if he sells for even 5% margin it would cost 4200..... Thats the reason whey most of the indian dealers stopped getting all the whey.

    Try american pure whey isolates bro, it really is as good as that. I personally use that thing

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, dude....
    Thanks a lot for the reply.
    Yes, I was using the Whey protein matrix {concentrate} only. And the worst thing is, the pricing is increasing everytime I buy it.... literally skyrocketing..... However, need to see what happens in the long run.....
    I workout at home, bro... So, cannot afford the isolates... it's a bit on the higher side.... m quite happy happy with the concentrates itself.... for the value for money factor... :-}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Biglee....
    It'll be wonderful if you can clarify on one more thing.
    I do weight training on almost 4 days a week. And I gulp a scoop of whey immediately after the workout with a banana. The thing is, I am a vegetarian and am consciously, to some extent, managing my proteim consumption.
    So, even on my non-workout days, I take a scoop early in the morning. On workout days, I take a scoop of whey in the morning right after brushing my teeth and the other scoop post workout. I WORKOUT IN THE EVENING.
    My doubt is, which is the best thing to do?
    1. On workout days, which is the best way to manage my supplement intake?
    a. A scoop in the morning and the other scoop post workout or
    b. A scoop just before workout and the other scoop of whey, as usual, after workout.
    c. 2 scoops after workout

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rodeobiker,
    your current approach is correct. But however i would recommend you to take some natural source of protein in every meal and especially in your preworkout

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, bro..... thanks a lot for the reply.... but among the following, which is the best option?
    My doubt is, which is the best thing to do?
    1. On workout days, which is the best way to manage my supplement intake?
    a. A scoop in the morning and the other scoop post workout or
    b. A scoop just before workout and the other scoop of whey, as usual, after workout.
    c. 2 scoops after workout.

    And by the way, as you had mentioned, I do consume natural sources of protein for breakfast, lunch, tiffin and dinner..... like soya, paneer, dal, skimmed milk powder with water.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. My doubt is, which is the best thing to do?
    1. On workout days, which is the best way to manage my supplement intake?
    a. A scoop in the morning and the other scoop post workout or
    b. A scoop just before workout and the other scoop of whey, as usual, after workout.
    c. 2 scoops after workout.

    Also, as you rightly said, I consciously intake natural vegetarian sources of protein during breakfast, lunch, tiffin and dinner like soya, paneer, 7 must wheat bread, peanut butter, skimmed milk powder mixed with water on top of already mentioned whey scoops.

    There's a little bit of gap, though, as I will be stuck at office with little or no access to protein stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rodeobiker,

    one shake in breakfast and one after workout sounds better always...

    Always have some peanuts and two scoops of skim milk powder in hand so that when u are hungry you can supply some protien to your body bro

    cheers

    ReplyDelete

Google Search

Google